The whole story of scripture is the story of God's mission to fill the earth with His image and His glory. Global Advancement at Citylight Lincoln exists to see God's glory advance to all the peoples of the earth through multiplying disciples and churches. We work towards the Revelation 7:9 vision of a multitude of people from every nation, tribe, people and language singing of God's salvation.
To help focus and guide our impact in the world for God's glory we use the following Missions Foundations to define the what and how of missions at Citylight Lincoln. Below are the values of for missions in our church. A full document of all our Missions Foundations will be coming soon.
- Prioritize Prayer- Prayer doesn’t just prepare us for ministry, prayer is a ministry.
- Follow the Spirit and Taught by the Word- The work of missions is supernatural, we need both super natural power from the Spirit and wisdom from the Word
- Proclaim the Gospel in Word and Deed- Good News and Good Works cannot be separated, Good News without deeds is devoid of power, Good Deeds without Words is devoid of truth.
- Participation of Everyone- The call of Global Advancement is for every follower of Jesus. Every part of Jesus' Body has a unique role to play in sending, mobilizing, welcoming and going.
- Prepare Effectively- With many unique callings everyone should be trained and equipped to best fulfill their role in God's global purpose
- Committed/Strategic Partnerships- We can't reach the nations on our own, we must work through strategic partnerships
While not everyone is called to go overseas to be an international worker, everyone is called to participate in God’s Global Mission. Financially giving to send those international workers has a massive impact on God’s Kingdom.